- It is an Individual wage incentive time-based plan.
- Plan developed by Charles E. Bedeaux.
- Under this plan, standard time for the job is set scientifically and expressed in terms of B. Whereas B means the job should be completed in B minutes/hrs.
- A minimum time wage is guaranteed to all workers.
- The worker who completes the job within or more than the standard time is paid at the normal time rate. Those who complete the job in less than the standard time are paid bonuses for the time saved.
This method ensures time wages to the workers and has the novel feature of distributing the wages of time saved among workers and foremen.
Total Wages = S * R + 75% of R (S-T)
- Minimum wages are guaranteed to all workers.
- Formen is also motivated as 25% or say 1/4th of the time saved is given to them.
- Suitable for industries where workers perform different types of jobs.
- The efficiency of different workers can be compared.
- Dispute on the sharing of Bonus between Workers and Foreman.
- Calculations are complicated
- Much clerical work involved.
- May affect the quality of the product.
Tag:11commerce, 11economics, 11thcommerce, 12accounts, 12commerce, 12economics, BComAccounts, Bedeaux Point Plan, CAFinalAccounts, CAfoundation, CAfoundationAccounts, CAfoundationEconomics, CAfoundationLaw, CAHARSHITA, CAInterAccounts, commerceachiever, commerceoptional, Economics, gLOSSARY OF hrm, HR Glossary, incometax, Individual Incentive Plan, Individual wage incentive time-based plan, mba hr, mba hr notes, tax, UGCNETCommerceOptional, UPSC Commerce Optional Previous Year Papers, UPSCcommerceOptional, UPSCoptional, wage incentive plan