- It is an Individual incentive plan.
- Developed by Harrington Emerson.
- Under this plan, Standard time foe job is determined scientifically and a minimum time wage is guaranteed to all workers.
- Bonus is given at a percentage beyond the prescribed level of efficiency say 66.67%
- Efficiency is measured by comparing the actual time taken with standard time.
- Security to workers because of the guaranteed time wage.
- Bonus increases with the level of efficiency. Act as fair treatment.
- Encourage healthy competition.
- Act as motivation.
- Provides incentive even to beginners and less efficient persons.
- Little incentive after 100% efficiency level.
- Standard fix by employers which becomes a hurdle for employees to achieve and hence earn bonus.
- The plan is not flexible.
- Overspeeding and compromise with quality.
- The records of standards will have to be kept separately for different categories of workers. It increases clerical work.
Tag:11commerce, 11economics, 11thcommerce, 12accounts, 12commerce, 12economics, BComAccounts, CAFinalAccounts, CAfoundation, CAfoundationAccounts, CAfoundationEconomics, CAfoundationLaw, CAHARSHITA, CAInterAccounts, commerceachiever, commerceoptional, Economics, Emerson Efficiency Plan, gLOSSARY OF hrm, HR Glossary, incentive compensation, incometax, Individual Incentive Plan, mba hr, mba hr notes, Rowan Plan, tax, UGCNETCommerceOptional, UPSC Commerce Optional Previous Year Papers, UPSCcommerceOptional, UPSCoptional, wage incentive plan